Click to enlarge
The Complete Handbook of Science Fair Projects
Table of Contents:
Forward to the Newly Revised Edition.
SI (Metric) Conversion Table.
PART I: COMPLETE GUIDE TO SCIENCE FAIR PROJECTS.
- Chapter 1. Science Fairs and Science Fair Projects.
- Chapter 2. Before You Get Started.
- Chapter 3. Getting Started.
- Chapter 4. Planning and Conducting Your Experiment.
- Chapter 5. Organizing and Presenting Data.
- Chapter 6. The Display: Putting It All Together for the Fair.
- Chapter 7. At The Fair.
- 1. Which Characteristic Is Most Influential in Attracting Bees to a Flower: Fragrance, Color, or Flavor? (Behavioral Science).
- 2. The Effects of Gender Identity on Short-Term Memory (Behavioral Science).
- 3. Do All Plants Transpire at the Same Rate under Different Sources of Light? (Botany).
- 4. Can Plant Cloning Be Used Effectively by Produce Growers? (Botany).
- 5. How Effective Is Beta Carotene in Fighting Cancer in Plants? (Botany).
- 6. The Effect of Electromagnetic Fields on Eremosphaera Algae Cells (Botany).
- 7. What Is the Most Efficient Substance for Melting Ice? (Chemistry).
- 8. What pH Level Is Most Conducive to Corrosion in Iron and Copper? (Chemistry).
- 9. How Effective Is Lobster Shell Chitin in Filtering Wastewater Metallic Ions? (Chemistry).
- 10. How Does Saltwalter Mix in an Estuary? (Chemistry).
- 11. Can the Life Span of a Soap Bubble Be Extended in Different Temperatures and Atmospheric Conditions? (Chemistry).
- 12. What Colored Dyes Are Found in Powdered Drink Mix and Colored Marking Pens? (Chemistry).
- 13. Can Mathematical Patterns Be Found in Johann Sebastian Bach's Two-Movement Preludes and Fugues? (Computer Science/Mathematics).
- 14. Measuring the Brightness of an Incandescent Light Bulb (Energy).
- 15. Which Form of Insulation Is Most Effective? (Energy).
- 16. Alcohol as a Fuel: Recycling Wastes into Energy (Energy).
- 17. Can Earthworms Be Used to Recycle Kitchen Wastes into Fertile Garden Soil?
- 18. The Great American Lawn and Pristine Water: Can They Coexist? (Environmental Science).
- 19. Do Gas Stations Affect the Soil Around Them? (Environmental Science).
- 20. What Is the Effect of #6 Heating Oil on Elodea densa in an Aquatic Environment? (Environmental Science).
- 21. Can Limestone Be Used to Protect Pine Trees from Acid Rain? (Environmental Science).
- 22. What Section of a Town Has the Most Pollution in the Form of Airborne Particles? (Environmental Science).
- 23. Environmental Effects on the Biodegradability of Plastic Bags, Paper Bags, and Newspaper (Environmental Science).
- 24. How Does Acid Rain Affect the Cell Structure of Spirogyra? (Environmental Science).
- 25. The Presence of Heavy Metals in a Coastal Body of Water and Their Effect on Aquatic Life (Environmental Science).
- 26. What Substance Is Most Effective for Cleaning Teeth? (Health Science).
- 27. The Relationship between Alcohol Dosage and Dependency in a Rat (Health Science).
- 28. How Effective Are Various Items in Protecting against Ultraviolet Radiation? (Health Science).
- 29. The Wave, the Golden Mean, and Mathamatics.
- 30. Are Dandelions as Effective as Commonly Prescribed Antibiotics against Bacteria? (Microbiology).
- 31. Can Food Molds Be Used to Reduce Bacteria Spread by a Pet Rabbit? (Microbiology).
- 32. What Substance Is Most Effective for Preventing the Breeding of Bacteria in Waterbeds? (Microbiology).
- 33. How Can the Amount of Bacteria Found on Kitchen Sponges and Dishcloths Be Reduced? (Microbiology).
- 34. An Analysis of the Bacteria and Heavy Metal Content of Sewage before and after Treatment at a Sewage Plant (Microbiology).
- 35. Are Your Clams Safe to Eat? (Microbiology).
- 36. Footwear versus Bacteria (Microbiology).
- 37. The P-Trap: A Bacteria Cauldron (Microbiology).
- 38. The P-Trap: A Continuing Dilemma (Microbiology).
- 39. Improving the Antibacterial Effects of Garlic (Microbiology).
- 40. Does the Period of Motion of a Pendulum Depend on Its Weight, Amplitude, or Length? (Physics).
- 41. Are Composites of Wood Stronger than Solid Wood? (Physics).
- 42. Which Angle of Attack Generates the Most Lift? (Physics).
- 43. Polaization and Stress Analysis of Airplane Windows (Physics).
- 44. Shape and Viscous Effect (Physics).
- 45. What Would Happen to Climate, Weather Patterns, and Life Forms if the Earth Were Cubical? (Physics).
- 46. The Physics of Cheating in Baseball (Physics).
- 47. Does a Golf Ball's Bounciness Influence the Distance that It Will Travel? (Physics).
- 48. Relaxing the Breathing Patterns of Newly Purchased Pet Fish so They May Adapt to a New Aquarium (Zoology).
- 49. Can the Heartbeat of a Chicken Embryo Be Detected without Breaking Its Eggshell? Zoology).
- 50. Are Dogs Colorblind? (Zoology).
- Appendix A: 400+ Ideas for Science Fair Project Topics.
- Appendix B: 100+ Project Titles of Award-Winning Projects.
- Appendix C: Scientific Supply Companies.
- Appendix D: Stste, Regional, and International Science and Engineering Fairs.
- Appendix E: Alternative Science Fair Project Competitions.
The Complete Handbook of Science Fair Projects
By Julianne Blair Bochinski
240 pages; Paperback
"Harried parents or teachers seeking ideas for science fair projects will find this resource a godsend."
- Science Books & Films
"An excellent resource for students looking for ideas."
"Useful information and hints on how to design, conduct, and present a science project."
- Library Journal
"Sound advice on how to put together a first-rate project."
- Alan Newman, American Chemical Society
Want the inside tips for putting together a first-rate science fair project that will increase your understanding of the scientific method, help you to learn more about a fascinating science topic, and impress science fair judges? The Complete Handbook of Science Fair Projects, newly revised and updated, is the ultimate guide to every aspect of choosing, preparing, and presenting an outstanding science fair project. Special features of this unbeatable guide include:
- 50 award-winning projects from actual science fairs - including many new project ideas-along with an expanded list of 500 fascinating science fair topics suitable for grades 7 and up
- Straightforward, highly detailed guidelines on how to develop an outstanding project - from selecting a great topic and conducting your experiment to organizing data, giving oral and visual presentations, and much more
- The latest ISEF rules and guidelines
- Updated information on resources and state and regional science fair listings
The Complete Handbook of Science Fair Projects gives you all the guidance you'll need to create a science fair project worthy of top honors.
More Related Products